Yield: 4 servings
This is best made with fresh spinach, but you can use any green: Costa (Swiss Chard) – steam for 8 minutes before sautéing or Homli (Mustard Greens) – steam for 5 minutes before sautéing. If you use frozen spinach, 30 ounces is enough. Defrost and drain the leaves thoroughly, then follow the instructions from Number 2 on.
3 bunches (about 40 ounces) fresh spinach, washed
3 tablespoons oil
6 cloves garlic, sliced
½ teaspoon salt
1. Cut off and discard the stems of the spinach leaves. Set the leaves aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the garlic slices until they begin to turn golden. Add the spinach leaves to the pan.
3. Stir the leaves well to coat with the oil and garlic. Cover the pan and cook over a medium heat for 1 minute.
4. Uncover the pan and cook the leaves for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until they are soft and dark green.
5. Sprinkle the spinach with salt and serve.