Yield: 4 servings
This is very tasty, eaten with the hands.
1 ½ cups butter
3 teaspoons of berbere
6 cups of torn injera pieces, or other bread with the crusts removed
1. Melt the butter over a low heat, watching carefully so it does not burn. Add the berbere and stir constantly over a low heat for 1 minute.
2. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Return to the heat and warm the butter, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
4. Pour the melted butter over the torn injera in a large bowl. Mix vigorously, using a fork, until you have a quantity of buttery crumbs.
5. Eat, without utensils, but forming the crumbs into small balls with your fingers.