Yield: 4 servings At first we got this with pieces of potato in it, but Jack doesn’t care for potatoes. Our maid’s mother adds shredded carrot for color. This dish is quite light in color, so I’m not sure how much tomato paste she uses. 1/3 cup oil 1 onion, finely diced 4 teaspoons berbere 1 cabbage, finely chopped 3 tablespoons tomato paste 1 teaspoon salt
1. Heat the oil in a pot. Add the onions and sauté until golden.
2. Remove the pot from the heat. Add the berbere and stir.
3. Add the cabbage to the pot, and mix well to coat thoroughly.
4. Return the pot to the head and add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes
5. Add the remaining 2 cups of water and the tomato paste, and salt. Stir, and simmer for another 10 minutes. Serve with injera.